Best electric scooters for kids in Melbourne
The electric scooter is becoming the number one choice for most commuters, especially in the cities and Melbourne is not an exception. Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria state in Australia which boasts of a youthful population and many international visitors with the majority being students. The youth always want to get to their destinations faster, so they tend to use things that will make their journey faster because they can even beat traffic. With the laws enacted to govern Melbourne in the 12-month trial period on the use of electric scooters, it is good we buy the best electric scooter for kids and teach them how to ride to become better riders. This blog will guide you on how to select the best electric scooters for kids in Melbourne.
List of the best electric scooters for kids in Melbourne
This list that has been put together shows electric scooters of high quality and are in no order.
Segway Ninebot Zing E8
- The maximum weight Segway Ninebot Zing E8 can carry is 110lbs(49.9kg). Because it is specifically made for kids, it has very lightweight since it was built with one of the lightest metals which is Aluminum. It weighs about 17.6lbs (8kg) and can even be carried by the kid to climb and descend any stairs. The foldability of Segway Ninebot Zing E8 is an additional factor that makes transporting it by kids easier.
- This model of electric scooter is suitable for kids from 6-12 years.
- It has a maximum speed of 8.7m/h(14km/h) and can cover a distance of 6.2 miles(10km). The new model in the Segway Ninebot Zing E8 does not even require kids to press the throttle to increase the speed of the electric scooter. All you need is to kick-push the electric scooter and it moves. This mode is known as the ‘New electric boost riding mode’.
- It is powered by a Lithium-ion battery of 21.6V and a capacity of 2.55Ah.
- It has a motor power of 120W.
- With wheels are solid-flat wheels with the rear wheel measuring 6inches and the front wheel measuring 7inches.
- Since electric scooters are made for kids, the braking system has been designed to be more efficient. The braking system consists of an electronic braking system. It also comes with a suspension in the front wheel which absorbs all shock when riding on a bumpy surface.
Segway Kids Zing E10 Electric Scooter
- It is made of Aluminum alloy and weighs about 18.7lbs(8.5kg). It carries a maximum weight of 132lbs(59.9kg). It is suitable for kids between 8 and 14 years of age.
- Now let us talk about the speed of the Zing E10. It has 3 different modes for speed. These are the safe modem cruise mode and sport mode. The safe mode restricts the speed of the electric scooter to 10km/h which is very suitable for beginners. It has a maximum speed of 9.9mi/h (16km/h) and can travel a distance of 6.2mi (10km). Cruise control allows you to accelerate without using the throttle. Acceleration is achieved by kick-pushing the electric scooter.
- It has both electrical and mechanical braking systems. The former relies on the electric motor whiles the latter is controlled by the brake levers. This makes it very safe and reliable for kids.
- The wheels Zing E10 are tubeless which makes getting a flat tire a thing of the past.
- Most electric scooters now use Lithium-ion batteries and it is of no surprise that Zing E10 also uses a Lithium-ion battery. It has a charging duration of 4 hours, The battery capacity of this model of electric scooter is 55.08Wh and has a maximum power of 200W. The battery is protected from overcharging, overcurrent and heating,
- The most fascinating thing about this model is that it is IPXS water resistant. It resists water splashes from rain. This is an ideal electric scooter for kids in Melbourne because of the climate change in the city. However, it cannot be left in the rain for too long and it may spoil electrical gadgets in the scooter.
Razor Power Core E90 Kids Electric Scooter
- It weighs about 33.1lbs (15kg). The maximum load it carries is 119lbs (54kg). Kids above 8 years can ride this electric scooter. The frame of Razor Power E90 is made of steel. This makes it very strong.
- The maximum speed of this model is 9.9mi/h (16km/h). It can be used for about 1 hour and 20 minutes before it goes low. It makes use of the push-button throttle to control the speed of the electric scooter.
- It has a 90W electric motor that is brought to life by a kick push. This type of electric motor allows the rider to accelerate in the shortest time possible. IT is very efficient and it saves energy.
- The electric scooter is powered by a 12V lead-acid battery.
- The front wheel is made of urethane. This is harder than the normal rubber wheels, The front wheels of Power Core E20 can withstand harsh weather conditions and heavy loads. The rear wheel is a solid tire. Since it does not use pressure, there will be no need of thinking of a flat tire and it will save money. Energy is also conserved.
- The braking system is controlled by the mechanical braking system which is operated by squeezing the lever in front of the handlebars.
Kugoo S1 Plus Electric Scooter
- The carrying capacity of this electric scooter is 264.6lbs (120kg). It weighs 27.6lbs (12.5kg). It has a length of 96cm, a width of 22.5cm, and a height of 39. cm. The height of the electric scooter has been designed to be adjustable to make it fit your height.
- Kugoo S1 Plus has a maximum speed of 30km/h. It has 3 different speed modes to help beginners ride scooters. The mode designed for beginners is 9.3mi/h (15km/h). The next speed mode is15.5mi/h (25km/h). This is the limited speed one can use when riding in a public space. The last speed mode which is18.6 (30km/h) can be used when the rider is on his/her private property.
- It is designed for kids not more than m 14 years
- The speed modes make it one of the best electric scooters for kids in Melbourne.
- It has a very strong motor. A motor of 350w. This will it suitable for climbing hills at an angle of less or equal to 15 degrees,
- Kugoo S1 Plus is powered by a Lithium-ion battery 0f 36V with a capacity of 0f 7.5Ah. The charging duration of this electric scooter is 4 and a half hours.
- The scooter is stopped by the electronic braking system.
- It runs on an 8-inch wheel. It is made of a honeycomb tire. Although it is made from rubber, it is used as a solid tire with holes in it to provide a cushioning experience.
- What makes Kugoo S1 Plus so exceptional.? The Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) screen. It displays the battery life, the speed of the electric scooter, and the distance you have covered so far. This is not the only thing. The addition of reflective strips makes it possible to be spotted by other users of the road when you are riding at night.
E-Glide Spark Kids Electric Scooter
- E-Glide Spark weighs about 17.6lbs (8kg) and has a maximum weight limit of 88.2lbs (40kg). It has a length of 875cm. a width of 335cm and a height of 320cm when it is folded.
- Kids between the ages of 6-12 are supposed to ride this electric scooter.
- The electric scooter can accelerate up to 9.3mi/h (15km/h) and cover a distance of 10km. Most electric scooters for kids have been designed to keep kids away from injury, thus, the different speed modes limit their speed. The two-speed modes for E-Glide Spark are 6.2mi/h (10km/h) and9.3mi/h (15km/h).
- The motor is found in front of the rear tire. It is a 150W electric motor.
- E-Glide Spark is powered by lithium-ion. It has volts of 26 and a battery capacity of 2.6Ah. The charging duration of the battery is between 3-4 hours.
- This scooter combines the electric and mechanical brake system to make the scooter as safe as possible to ride.
- It has additional features like reflective lights on the deck to the rider seen easily. It is also foldable for easy transportation.
What to know before allowing your kid to ride an electric scooter in Melbourne
One of the first things you need to know before allowing your kid to ride an electric scooter in Melbourne is the laws governing the use of electric scooters. The state of Victoria has strict laws that make riding scooters in Australia burdensome. To make riding electric scooters safely, the city of Melbourne together with the state of Victoria has put together some rules for a 12-month trial period, to regulate the use of electric scooters in the city. The rules are as follows:
- The electric scooter you ride must not be private but hired from a licensed operator.
- Electric scooters are not to be ridden on footpaths.
- Protective gear like a helmet must be worn at all times when riding.
- You must be 18 years and above
- The maximum speed of the electric scooter should be 50km/h when riding on bicycle lanes, lower-speed roads, and shared paths. Priority must always be given to pedestrians.
- Electric scooters must not be ridden on footpaths.
- The speed limit of an automatic mode will be 20km/h.
- The rider of the electric scooter must not add any passenger.
- Phones must not be used by riders when riding.
- The blood alcohol concentration must be below 0,05%.
- A group of riders on the same path should ride in a single file not abreast.
- The electric scooter must be parked in such a way that, it must not impede the movement of pedestrians.
With electric scooters being the preferred mode of transportation, it is best to purchase the best electric scooters and teach them how to ride. Because they will start learning how to ride an electric scooter at an early age, they will become perfect in the future. Thus, the city of Melbourne will be free from pollution since no fumes are coming out of fueled engines. Sustainable Development Goal number 7 states that ‘sustainable, affordable, reliable and modern energy for all will be achieved. E-Glide Spark Kids Electric Scooter, Kugoo S1 Plus Electric Scooter, Razor Power Core E90 Kids Electric Scooter, Segway Kids Zing E10 Electric Scooter, and Segway Ninebot Zing E8 are the best scooters for kids in Melbourne.